Kick off a four-hour Northern Ireland combination tour with a narrated sightseeing drive through the bustling cityscapes of Belfast, then enter the marvelous rooms of Hillsborough Castle and wander around its beautiful 100-acre gardens. In a comfortable motor coach you'll explore Northern Ireland's capital city, admiring lovely Victorian architecture along the way. You'll pass City Hall, dating back to the turn of the century, and glimpse the Titanic Quarter, where renovated dockyards ruminate back to the building of RMS Titanic. Upon arrival at Hillsborough Castle you'll walk into the grandiose entrance of a Georgian country house where the Secretary of State resides — the British Royal Family also stays here when visiting the area. Dating back to the 1770s, the rooms in this regal estate have accommodated many political talks, including the Anglo-American Agreement. Walk room to room marveling at ornate and opulent décor, from the Throne Room to the State Dining Room. Then head outside to explore 100 acres of ornamental gardens and tranquil woodland. See Europe's largest rhododendron, a Quaker Burial Ground, as well as Granville Garden, which was planted by the Queen's aunt in the 1940s.
• Belfast: A sightseeing drive leads you through cityscapes past City Hall and the Titanic Quarter, birthplace of the sunken ship.
• Hillsborough Castle: Admire lavish interiors in this 18th-century Georgian country house where the British Royal Family sojourns when in town.
• Gardens: Enjoy peaceful reflection among the 100 acres of woodland and manicured topiaries, including Europe's largest rhododendron.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Warm clothes
• Layered clothing
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over natural surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Full participation may require extended periods of walking over even and uneven surfaces, steep terrain and/or water activity in a slight current. There may be steps, inclines, cobblestone surfaces, and extended periods of standing. Participants with physical limitations should take this into account.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• No cameras permitted inside castle.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Tour does not include lunch.
• The drive between castle and port is approximately 1 hour each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.