Explore one of America's oldest cities two ways on a narrated sightseeing tour in a WWII-style amphibious landing vehicle that passes notable landmarks and neighborhoods before splashing into the Charles River for skyline views. Your two-hour exploration begins in the seat of a unique bus-turned-boat bound for historic sights not included on the typical Duck Tour route. Listen along as your friendly and knowledgeable ConDUCKtor shares about this city's centuries-old history, from its founding in 1630 to the American Revolution and beyond. Along city streets you'll see Boston Common's sprawling green space and the State House's golden dome. Embrace the North End's Italian heritage and the Prudential Tower's modern design. Along the red-lined Freedom Trail you'll find a collection of historic markets, homes and churches, while Victorian brick row houses fill the Beacon Hill neighborhood. Then feel the rush of adventure as your amphibious vehicle drives straight into the Charles River for a romp around Boston Harbor. See 100-year-old warehouses lining the Seaport District and the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned naval ship in the US. Take in the charming city skyline before heading back to the pier.
• ConDUCKtor: Enjoy a fully narrated sightseeing adventure in a WWII-style amphibious landing vehicle that doubles as a bus and boat.
• By land: Drive past many of the sites and landmarks that make Boston the Birthplace of Freedom in the U.S. On top of going past the normal neighborhoods of the Back Bay, Beacon Hill, West End and Financial District you will also experience 3 bonus neighborhoods on this exclusive tour: the Seaport District and Waterfront.
• By sea: Cruise up the Charles river for breathtaking views of the Boston and Cambridge skylines.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Layered clothing
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• The vehicle used on this excursion is adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available) to accommodate a limited number of wheelchairs.
• Guests using wheelchairs must be transported to the departure location to be loaded/unloaded off the vehicle.
• The wheelchair lift is not portable.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• No restrooms onboard or bathroom breaks during the tour.
• Guests may encounter tour delays and loss of time due to heavy traffic in the area. This is beyond the control of the local agent and/or Royal Caribbean International.
• Tour sequence may vary.