Take a short scenic drive to the North End, home to one of the oldest Italian neighborhoods in America, Boston’s Little Italy. A cornucopia of food venues greets you as your knowledgeable guide unlocks all the secrets of these colorful streets filled with tantalizing sights and smells. You’ll visit a number of local shops on this exceptional tour, which is not only highly rated on TripAdvisor but has also been featured on Food Network.
Step inside a salumeria to the pungent smells of fresh olives, balsamic vinegar, prosciutto and cheeses. Visit a traditional pasticceria and delight in the heavenly scent from rows of sweets and colorful, freshly baked pastries lining the shelves. Savor the aromas of an 80-year-old coffee and spice shop while learning about Italian coffee culture and some very unique old-world ingredients. Also tour a traditional enoteca to learn how to select an aperitivo and wine to complement, plus find out why digestivi are served to conclude an Italian meal.
• Highly rated tour: This amazing tour, featured on Food Network, received the 2015 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
• Visit local shops: Learn more about Italian cooking, its high-quality ingredients and regional traditions while strolling charming narrow streets.
• Get a taste: While visiting various shops, sample meats, cheeses, olive oil, liqueurs, scrumptious pastries like cannoli and much more.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour
• Tour is not wheelchair accessible.