Explore the stunning scenery of Acadia National Park on a guided bike tour that follows recently refurbished carriage trails, originally created by John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Hop aboard a custom-fitted, 24-speed mountain bike engineered for hard-packed gravel terrain, and follow your professional guide along the carriage trails, stopping periodically to hear commentary about the natural features and local history of your surroundings.
• Acadia National Park Carriage Trails: Dating back to 1913, these trails crisscross the park and recently underwent a multi-million dollar refurbishment.
• Guided Bike Tour: Your professional guide leads you along the trails and offers fascinating information about your surroundings.
• Mountain Bike: Enjoy your ride through the park on a custom 24-speed bike, designed specifically for gravel terrain.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Biking shoes
• Guests must be able to pedal a bicycle approximately five miles over moderate terrain with some uphill climbs.
• Bike and helmet provided.
• Guests should be aware certain inherent risks are involved with any cycling excursion.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour particularly tours categorized as strenuous.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.