Take in all the natural beauty, wildlife and human history of Acadia National Park on a small-group outing that includes a stop at Thunder Hole and a naturalist-led walk along postcard-worthy Ocean Path. Enjoy a comfortable van ride through Acadia National Park, a 47,000-acre sprawl of woodlands, mountains and rocky beaches comprising Maine’s only national park. Along the way you’ll stand before Thunder Hole to experience the thrill of seeing and hearing ocean waves spurt 40 feet into the air, sounding a boisterous roar as they rush through naturally carved rocks. You’ll then be led by a knowledgeable naturalist guide along a half-mile portion of Ocean Path. Trekking along rugged Atlantic coastline, you’ll not only take in the coastal beauty of Maine, but also learn about its local marine wildlife, native plants, lobster industry and famous residents of old. Breathe in the fresh air of New England before returning to your ship.
• Thunder Hole: Watch as ocean water powerfully rushes through carved out rock caves and makes a booming rumble.
• Acadia National Park: With 47,000 acres of wilderness, the only national park in Maine is a nature lover’s dreamscape.
• Ocean Path: Follow an expert naturalist along a half-mile trail skirting the Atlantic Ocean, learning about local wildlife and plants.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Bottled water
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Layered clothing
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles over gravel surfaces, with inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.