Discover the "Jewel of the Indies" from two perspectives on a four-hour adventure on a sightseeing boat cruise around Cartagena Bay and an audio guided walk through Old Town, plus free time for shopping and dining. Relish sweeping views of Cartagena's city skyline and beautiful beaches while cruising sightseeing boat off the Caribbean coast. Once a principle Spaniard port in the 1500s, this walled UNESCO-listed city is now also known for its colorful colonial buildings and vibrant Colombian culture. Step off the boat and follow a local guide along the cobblestone streets of Old Town, venturing within the timeworn walls past San Felipe de Barajas, one of the most magnificent fortresses built by the Spanish in South America. Admire the Baroque stylings of San Pedro Claver church and the gregarious street café scene in San Diego Square. Delight while walking along Bolivar and Santo Doming Squares and visit the famous Emerald Jewelry Museum. You'll enjoy an hour of free time to shop for authentic souvenirs or dine on tasty Colombian fare before sailing from the Bodeguita Pier back to your ship.
• Cartagena Bay: Breathe in the city's essence from the water while sailing in a sightseeing boat along its Caribbean coast skyline.
• Old Town: Walk with a guide around this walled historic district past Baroque churches, buzzing squares and the walls of the city.
• You'll have an hour to freely explore, snap photos, shop for souvenirs, or lunch on Colombian cuisine.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• USD cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Umbrella (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .9 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your boat for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.