Discover the Old-World charms and bold flavors of Cartagena on a four-hour guided adventure that includes San Felipe fortress, a walk around Old Town, plus an authentic Colombian "Coffee Baptism" and tasting. Your first stop brings you to Castillo San Felipe de Barajas, a hilltop castle built by the Spanish in the 1500s. Trace back to the Colonial days, learning about the complex construction of this UNESCO World Heritage Site's batteries and garrison. Moving on you'll set out on foot alongside your trusty guide, who will lead you through the walled Old Town. Engrossed in history, these cobbled streets are lined with colorful Colonial architecture spanning throughout its churches, monasteries, palaces and mansions. Top off the day with a caffeine-fueled Coffee Baptism, a fun yet educational workshop focused on Colombian coffee. Colombia is the third-largest exporter of coffee in the world, and today you'll explore the history of its local estates and how they produce their finest coffees, from beans to brews. A local expert will teach you how to breathe in the aromas and identify distinct roasts during a guided tasting. Head back to the ship amped up after enjoying new experiences in Cartagena.
• Castillo San Felipe de Barajas: Stand before a triangular Spanish fortress listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Old Town: Take a narrated stroll within the walled city, admiring Colonial architecture and an Old-World ambience.
• Coffee Baptism: Savor Colombia's longstanding, coffee-producing legacy with an engaging expert-led workshop complete with delicious coffee tastings.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Conservative attire required
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Respectful attire is required.
• No exposed shoulders.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.