Entice your taste buds with the incredible flavors of Greece on a four-hour guided walking tour through Corfu’s Old Town district that includes stops for tastings of Corfiot cuisine in local shops, delicatessens and taverns. Enter this UNESCO-listed neighborhood through the Bonati Arch and venture into the Jewish Quarter past a 300-year-old synagogue. At Darmatis’ traditional store, you’ll taste original nouboulo ham then step inside a nearby delicatessen to sample a spoonful of fresh-churned ice cream in koum-quat and ginger-beer flavors. Admire the Town Hall’s Venetian stylings from the late 1600s before sipping on koum-quat liqueur in the local products shop called Afthonia. Stand before the red-domed bell tower of 16th-cenury Saint Spyrida Church and then top off your tasting trail at Pergola, a traditional family-owned tavern serving local wine and bourdeto, a spicy fish casserole in paprika-tinged tomato sauce. With about an hour of free time in Old Town, you can enjoy coffee while relaxing in Liston piazza, or browse local shops for authentic souvenirs. Head back to the ship having indulged in a true taste of Corfu.
• Old Town: Discover Town Hall, a 16th-century church and 300-year-old Jewish synagogue on a guided walk around this UNESCO-listed neighborhood.
• Greek eats: Savor samples of smoked ham, ice cream, fruit-infused liqueur, fish stew and more Corfiot cuisine at local eateries.
• Free time: Relish an hour to independently stroll cobbled streets, snap photos of fortresses and palaces, or shop for souvenirs.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.4 miles over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 6 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Headsets, maps and bottled water included. Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship. Tour sequence may vary.