Dive on the magnificent Meso-American Barrier Reef system, the largest barrier reef system in the Northern Hemisphere. Until recently, Mahahual (Costa Maya) was an undiscovered fishing village, yet has become a sought after dive spot. Its sites are known for their abundance of beautiful pristine corals, reef formations and marine life including turtles, stingrays, eels, nurse sharks and more. After your dive, return to the ship or stay and experience Mahahual's local culture.
• Meso-American Barrier Reef: See the largest barrier reef system in the Northern Hemisphere.
• 2-Tank Dive: Surround yourself with an abundance of beautiful pristine corals, reef formations and marine life.
• Mahahual: Visit a small fishing village thriving with wonderful beachfront shops, restaurants, bars, arts and crafts booths, and more.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Diver Certification Card
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Change of clothes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests are responsible for their transportation if they stay in Mahahual.
• Taxis are abundant and they will gladly return you to the ship.
• The tour includes PADI instructor guides, tanks, BCD, mask, fins, regulator and weight.
• Proof of certification and a dive within the last 2 years is required.