Explore the mysterious Mayan world on an exclusive drive tour to the Chacchoben Mayan ruins. Ride in comfort through the rainforest with experts in Mayan civilizations. Then walk in the footsteps of the ancient Mayans as you marvel at their temples, see their once-magnificent gardens and absorb their fascinating history — all of which has been hidden underneath the dense jungle for thousands of years.
• Half-day tour: Ride in comfort through the lush rainforest to the mysterious Chacchoben Mayan ruins, set in a secluded jungle.
• Ancient culture: Frequently populated then abandoned at various points, known human occupation of the site dates from 1000 BC.
• Mayan temples: Explore ritual plazas, ceremonial centers, and community areas of an ancient culture, in the lush forest of Belize.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven, occasionally slippery surfaces and climb steps.
Drive time to ruins is approximately one hour each way.
• Flash bulbs, tripods and professional video equipment are prohibited at the ruins.
• Guests using home video cameras will be charged government fee of approximately $5-8 USD payable in cash at site.
• Complimentary beverage included (water, beer and soda).