Reel in some adventure on your vacation and experience an exhilarating fly fishing trip on the pristine waters off Costa Maya that is limited to only two guests per boat. After a scenic one-hour drive to the small village of Xcalak, you’ll hop aboard your vessel and cast off land alongside a certified charter captain who intimately knows the local waters and is ready to teach anglers of all levels essential fly fishing techniques. Enjoy panoramic coastal scenery on a short boat ride across calm, crystal clear waters to the prime fishing grounds of Bacalar flats, a shallow water expanse popular with fly fishermen. Then spend approximately four hours targeting bonefish, tarpon, and permit species with the help of your guide. Once you’ve hooked a prized catch, your captain will snap your photo with the fish before releasing it back into the wild for conservation purposes. On this private outing you’ll also enjoy complimentary sodas and beer onboard, plus the personal instruction of your very own master fishing guide.
• Certified Guide: Go fly fishing alongside a skilled charter captain ready to teach fishermen of all levels essential angling skills.
• Private Boat: Enjoy personalized instruction and complimentary beverages on a 4-hour adventure that’s limited to just two guests.
• Catch and Release Fishing: Hook and snap photos with your prized catch before releasing the fish back in the wild.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass and Photo Identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Hat and Sunglasses
• Lightweight clothing that can get wet
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 5 yards and navigate 15 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Boat is limited to 2 guests.
• Guests must sign a waiver to participate in this tour.
• Guests must be at least 6 years of age.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.