Begin your adventure by meeting your tour guide to embark on a drive inland through dense jungles to the first stop of the day, the spectacular Chacchoben Ruins. More than 70 structures remain from what was once a thriving center of Mayan activity. The surrounding jungle is full of beautiful vegetation and your knowledgeable tour guide will show you how this ancient civilization used these plants to leverage their healing properties. A step-free route will be used during your tour here. Your tour continues toward the coast and the picturesque village of Mahahual. Take a scenic drive through the older part of town and see traditional homes, fishing boats and the local culture, before heading down to the newer area along by the beautiful beach area. Here, you will exit the van to enjoy some leisurely time by the accessible boardwalk and beach. In this rapidly growing tourist area, sample fresh seasonal fruit harvested by the locals. Browse the many vendor stands, enjoy a delicious lunch on your own, or just relax on the beach.
• Explore the Chacchoben Ruins and learn about the fascinating and sophisticated Mayan culture.
• Relax on the beach in Mahahual and visit the accessible boardwalk, lined with shops, bars, and vendor stands.
• Enjoy a scenic drive through the lush vegetation of the Mexican jungle.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Wheelchair users must be able to self-propel or have a companion push them and must be able to step into a standard van and use a regular seat inside the van. Foldable wheelchairs can be stored in the back of the van.