Watch as Copenhagen's royal legacy and time-honored amusements come into focus on a four-hour tour that lets you enter grandiose Christiansborg Palace and explore Tivoli Gardens' attractions, plus enjoy a narrated city drive. Step inside the luxe environs of Christiansborg Palace, now home to the Danish Parliament. Behold the Royal Reception Rooms where the Queen holds gala dinners and the Prime Minister conducts state visits. Everywhere you turn you'll find sparkling chandeliers, fine artworks and ornate tapestries depicting 1,000 years of history. Your next stop is Tivoli Gardens, one of the oldest operating amusement parks in the world, open for over 175 years. With 90 minutes' free time you can wander through the aquarium, brave thrilling rides, plus dine and shop along the Danish market-inspired Alley. Or if plants are more your thing, meander through the hanging gardens past The Nimb water fountains through the Vintage Cars gardens past the bamboo forest and around perennials in Parterre Gardens. Your return coach drive leads you in front of Amalienborg Palace where the Danish royals live and along the Langelinie promenade to see the city's famous Little Mermaid statue overlooking the harbor.
• Christiansborg Palace: See the Royal Reception Rooms where official events are held, complete with opulent décor, artwork and tapestries.
• Tivoli Gardens: Discover themed gardens, an aquarium, thrill rides and dining options in one of the world's oldest amusement parks.
• Copenhagen: Take a drive past Amalienborg Palace and see The Little Mermaid statue inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairytale.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .3 miles over varied surfaces, with inclines and about 100 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guide will designate a time and place to rejoin your coach for return to ship.
• Guests who miss the return transportation will be responsible for getting back to the ship.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• July 6, 2020: Christiansborg Castle will be closed due to operational reasons, and replaced with Rosenborg Castle.