Take a relaxing sunset walk in charming Willemstad city center, plus learn about the island’s rich maritime history. The nighttime atmosphere of this typical Dutch Caribbean city is unique — the numerous lights give the multicolored buildings a beautiful glow and the city an incomparable ambiance. The city center is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a fine example of Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese colonial architecture.
Pass Rif Fort, built in 1829 to defend St. Anna Bay, and cross the Queen Emma floating bridge, supported by 16 pontoons. At Fort Amsterdam, look closely for the cannonball embedded in the southwest wall pf this 17th-century former stronghold. Also walk past the beautifully colored merchant houses on the quay of the harbor entrance. A superb photo opportunity, they reflect the quintessential juxtaposition of Dutch architecture and bright Caribbean flair.
Continue to the Curacao Maritime Museum, in a completely restored 18th-century colonial mansion. On your guided tour, discover more than 500 years of the island’s maritime history through authentic nautical charts, ship models and navigation equipment combined with modern-day audiovisual technology. After, stay in town and explore independently, returning to the ship on your own, or head back with your guide.
• Two-and-a-half-hour sunset walk: See how the numerous city lights give the multicolored buildings a beautiful glow.
• UNESCO World Heritage Site: Central Willemstad is a fine example of Dutch, Spanish and Portuguese colonial architecture.
• Curacao Maritime Museum: Discover 500-plus years of maritime history through authentic nautical charts, ship models and navigation equipment.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Comfortable clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Tour sequence could change.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour
• Guests need to be in good physical condition to walk or stand for long periods of time.
• Maritime museum is wheelchair accessible.
• Guest must be of legal age to consume alcohol
• The weather may be warm and city may be crowded.