OVERVIEW: The highlight is a guided tour of the world famous Vatican Museums. Marvel at Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel and discover the masterpieces housed in St. Peter's Basilica. Step back in time as you have an outside visit of the archeological area of the Roman Forum and the Colosseum, the emblem of Rome's Eternity, where gladiators clashed in mortal combats.Visit St. Peter's in Chains Basilica and admire Michelangelo's statue of Moses.Lunch is included at a local hotel or restaurant. Maximize your time by avoiding ticket lines when entering the Vatican Museums. Guests must be able to walk approx. 3 miles with approximately 250 steps and extended periods of standing.
Explore Rome’s illustrious history and spiritual legacy on a guided tour of the Vatican and ancient landmarks plus enjoy a tasty Italian meal. View the Vatican Museums’ remarkable artwork collection, admire Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescos and roam sacred St. Peter’s Basilica. Savor authentic Roman fare and wine in a local restaurant. Then drive to the Colosseum and Roman Forum for an exterior view before visiting St. Peter’s in Chains Basilica and Michelangelo’s Statue of Moses.
• Vatican: Browse the museums’ exceptional artwork collection, be awed by Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel frescos, and behold sacred St. Peter’s Basilica.
• Lunch: Relax in a local restaurant, where you will savor authentic Roman delicacies and a glass of Italian wine.
• Ancient Landmarks: Drive to the Colosseum and Roman Forum for an exterior view. Visit the St. Peter in Chains and admire the famous statue of Moses by Michelangelo.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Conservative attire required
• This tour is not offered for guests inter-porting in Rome.
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 1 1/2 hours each way subject to traffic conditions.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 3 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces, including inclines, with approximately 250 steps and endure extended periods of standing.
• This tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or using a wheelchair.
• Please note that for the inside visit of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica the use of headsets owned and provided by the respective site’s managements is compulsory. It is very important for guests to be aware that they will be responsible for the headset devices provided. For both Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica the headsets company will charge Euro 50 for every missing device.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Flash photos are not permitted in the Vatican Museum. Video and photography are not permitted at any time in the Sistine Chapel.
• Should St. Peter’s Basilica have a special event or mass service, guides will give an outside explanation only and guests will then enter on their own. Should your guide determine that the queue at the St. Peter’s Basilica security check point is longer than a 45-minute wait, they will forego the interior visit of the Basilica and provide you with a full explanation and description while outside.
• Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice. These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator or Royal Caribbean International. You will be provided more free time to compensate for not entering the Basilica. Should the designed motor coach drop off / pick up point for St. Peters Basilica be congested or unavailable, an alternative drop off / pick up point location will be used. Please note that an additional walking portion of 0.6 miles from / to the alternative location should be considered.
• For security reasons it is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum & Roman Forum with backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags /objects. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the above mentioned sites.
• Due to the closure of the Vatican Museum (Sistine Chapel) on Sundays, its program will be replaced by a visit of the Roman Catacombs.
• This tour might not operate on Sundays and religious holidays.
• The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic or local conditions.
• Please note that ongoing restoration work is often being carried out at the various venues visited.