Explore Rome's fascinating history among ancient ruins and at the sacred St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. Stroll the remains of the Forum, the heart of Roman life during antiquity, and follow the ceremonial road into the imposing Colosseum amphitheater, site of elaborate spectacles. At the Vatican, admire the Renaissance splendors of St. Peter's Basilica, the world's largest church. Top off your tour with a visit to Trevi Fountain, a Baroque landmark.
• Trevi Fountain: Rome's most famous fountain
• Imperial Rome: Explore the remains of the Forum, the area that formed the heart of the ancient city, and the imposing Colosseum amphitheater.
• St. Peter's Basilica: This holiest of churches at the Vatican is an architectural marvel decorated with works by Renaissance masters.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Conservative attire
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• For the Oasis of the Seas May 05, 2019 and the Vision of the Seas May 06, 2019 sailing, the inside visit to the Colosseum has been replaced with a visit to the Spanish Steps. Guests will keep the inside visit to the Roman Forum.
• For security reasons there is a metal detector check before entering the Colosseum & Roman Forum and long queues may be expected. Should your guide determine that the queue at the Colosseum/Roman Forum is longer than 45 minutes, the guide will forego the inside visit and provide guests with a full explanation while outside. Guests must be able to approximately walk 3 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces with about 100 steps and extended periods of standing. Guests in wheelchairs and those with other mobility challenges should not select this tour. Due to new traffic regulations in Rome, big motor coaches have limited access around city center. Therefore, additional walk will be required for guests to access the main venues.
• A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter’s Basilica. Short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable and guests wearing these items may not be allowed to enter. The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 90 minutes, depending on traffic.
• If there is a special event or mass at St. Peter's Basilica, the guide will provide commentary outside and guests will enter on their own. Access may be restricted during mass. Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice.
• If the basilica is closed for security reasons, the tour will compensate with more time for shopping and/or independent exploration. If the wait at the St. Peter's Basilica security checkpoint is longer than 45 minutes, the guide will forego the inside visit and provide you with a full explanation and description while outside. Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints.
• Please note that for the inside visit of St. Peter’s Basilica the use of headsets is mandatory. Guests will be responsible for missing headsets. St. Peter’s Basilica headsets company will charge Euro 50,00 for every missing device.
• Most stores, except souvenir shops, are closed on Sundays and public holidays. Shop opening hours often vary by season. The tour order may vary.
• Due to new traffic regulations, should the bus not be allowed to pick up guests close to the St. Peters Basilica, guests will be required to walk approximately 0.6 miles to the nearest pick-up location. For safety reasons, the Minister of Tourism has established a maximum number of visitors that can be allowed inside the Colosseum at once. As a consequence of this new rule also the access of groups with reservation may be stopped and delayed.
• Due to new regulations established by the Minister of Tourism, on the first Sunday of each month and other dates at random, the entrance to the Colosseum / Roman Forum cannot be granted.