Imperial Rome - CV02
Celebrate the marvels of the Roman Empire on this journey that will take you to some of Rome's most iconic and important historic sites. Pass through 12 centuries of Roman history on an adventure that begins with a visit to the Trevi Fountain. In accordance with Roman tradition, toss a coin into the fountain and make a wish that you'll return to Rome. Then, travel to the Forum where Roman citizens celebrated the empire's many triumphs. Marvel at the stunning ruins and learn about Roman architecture and history. Then, enter the legendary Colosseum, the site where brave gladiators fought to the death in front of as many as to 50,000 Roman spectators.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
Explore Rome's fascinating history among ancient ruins and at the sacred St. Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City. Stroll the remains of the Forum, the heart of Roman life during antiquity, and follow the ceremonial road into the imposing Colosseum amphitheater, site of elaborate spectacles. At the Vatican, admire the Renaissance splendors of St. Peter's Basilica, the world's largest church. Top off your tour with a visit to Trevi Fountain, a Baroque landmark.
Ready to reserve this excursion?
• Trevi Fountain: Rome's most famous fountain.
• Imperial Rome: Explore the remains of the Forum, the area that formed the heart of the ancient city, and the imposing Colosseum amphitheater.
• St. Peter's Basilica: This holiest of churches at the Vatican is an architectural marvel decorated with works by Renaissance masters.
• Lunch: Savor an authentic Italian meal at a restaurant or hotel, accompanied by a glass wine.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards Sun protection
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Conservative attire
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• This tour is not offered for guests inter-porting in Rome.
• Guests must be able to approximately walk 3 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces with about 100 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests in wheelchairs and those with other mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter’s Basilica.
• Short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable and guests wearing these items may not be allowed to enter.
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 90 minutes, depending on traffic.
• If there is a special event or mass at St. Peter's Basilica, the guide will provide commentary outside and guests will enter on their own.
• Access may be restricted during mass.
• Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice.
• If the basilica is closed for security reasons, the tour will compensate with more time for shopping and/or independent exploration.
• If the wait at the St. Peter's Basilica security checkpoint is longer than 45 minutes, the guide will forego the inside visit and provide you with a full explanation and description while outside.
•Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints.
• Please note that due to the Jubilee Year, special celebrations and events will take place at St. Peter's Basilica: overcrowding and possible closures at any given time and with no previous notice should be expected.
• Please note that for the inside visit of St. Peter’s Basilica the use of headsets is mandatory.
• Guests will be responsible for missing headsets. St. Peter’s Basilica headsets company will charge Euro 50,00 for every missing device.
• Most stores, except souvenir shops, are closed on Sundays and public holidays. Shop opening hours often vary by season.
• The tour order may vary.
• Due to new traffic regulations, should the bus not be allowed to pick up guests close to the St. Peters Basilica, guests will be required to walk approximately 0.6 miles to the nearest pick-up location.
• For safety reasons, the Minister of Tourism has established a maximum number of visitors that can be allowed inside the Colosseum at once. As a consequence of this new rule also the access of groups with reservation may be stopped and delayed.
• Due to new regulations established by the Minister of Tourism, on the first Sunday of each month the entrance to the Colosseum / Roman Forum cannot be granted.
• For security reasons there is a metal detector check before entering the Colosseum & Roman Forum. It is strictly forbidden to enter the with backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags /objects. Please be aware that lockers are NOT available at the above mentioned sites.
• Should your guide determine that the queue at the Colosseum is longer than 45 minutes, they will forego the inside visit and provide guests with an a full explanation while outside.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in Italian and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language.
• Due to the latest events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited.