See the essential sights of the Italian capital in a smaller group, limited to 26 guests per vehicle. At the Vatican, you'll tour St. Peter's Basilica and the museums, including the Sistine Chapel painted by Michelangelo. Visit the massive Colosseum amphitheater, site of ancient Roman spectacles, and admire the Baroque splendor of the Trevi Fountain. Relax on a commentated panoramic drive that will showcase key monuments and landmarks.
• Vatican City and Colosseum: Go inside Rome's most essential attractions, including the treasures-filled Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica.
• Trevi Fountain: Visit the most celebrated fountain in the world.
• Commentated Drive: View cityscapes and key landmarks such as Castel Sant'Angelo, formerly an imperial mausoleum, and Borghese Park.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Conservative attire
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• For the Oasis of the Seas May 05, 2019 and the Vision of the Seas May 06, 2019 sailings, the inside visit to the Colosseum has been replaced with a visit to the Roman Forum.
• For security reasons there is a metal detector check before entering the Colosseum & Roman Forum and long queues may be expected. Should your guide determine that the queue at the Colosseum/Roman Forum is longer than 45 minutes, the guide will forego the inside visit and provide guests with a full explanation while outside. There is a safety restriction at the Colosseum and a limit of 3000 visitors to enter at once. Should this limit be reached, access will be denied until safety conditions can be guaranteed again. For security reasons it is strictly forbidden to enter the Colosseum & Roman Forum with backpacks, suitcases, trolleys and large bags /objects. Please be aware that lockers are NOT available at the above mentioned sites.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 3 miles over even and cobblestone surfaces with about 250 steps and extended periods of standing. Guests in wheelchairs and those with other mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• A strict dress code is enforced in St. Peter’s Basilica. Short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable and guests wearing these items may not be allowed to enter. The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 90 minutes each way, depending on traffic.
• If there is a special event or mass at St. Peter's Basilica, the guide will provide commentary outside and guests will enter on their own. Access may be restricted during mass. Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice. These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator or Royal Caribbean International.
• If the basilica is closed for security reasons, the tour will compensate with more time for shopping and/or independent exploration. If the wait at the St. Peter's Basilica security checkpoint is longer than 45 minutes, the guide will forego the inside visit and provide you with a full explanation and description while outside.
• Due to the latest events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited. The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel are closed on Sundays and religious holidays, in which case the tour will instead visit the Roman Catacombs.
• Please note that for the inside visit of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica the use of headsets is mandatory for groups. Guests will be responsible for missing headsets. The Vatican Museums & St. Peter’s Basilica headset company will charge 50,00 Euro for every missing device. The Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica feature an itinerary for wheelchair users.
• Since this route is different, guests using wheelchairs miss a large portion of the guide’s commentary. Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints. On Sundays and public holidays, the majority of the shops will be closed and only souvenir shops will be open.
• Should the designed motor coach drop off / pick up point for St. Peters Basilica be congested or unavailable, an alternative drop off / pick up point location will be used. Please note that an additional walking portion of 0,6 miles from / to the alternative location should be considered.
• Due to new traffic regulations in Rome, big motor coaches have limited access around city center. Therefore, additional walk will be required for guests to access the main venues.
• Due to new regulations established by the Minister of Tourism, on the first Sunday of each month and other dates at random, the entrance to the Colosseum cannot be granted.
• The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic conditions.
• Due to the closure of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on Sundays and religious holidays, its program will be replaced with a visit to the Roman Catacombs. Applicable sailings will be Vision of the Seas sailing May 30, 2019 (June 2nd call), Oasis of the Seas sailing August 11, 2019 (August 15th call).