This panoramic tour of Rome - the Eternal City - takes you to some of Europe's most glorious sights in seated comfort, so keep your camera ready. Ride to the city through scenic Etruscan countryside, with sparkling views of the Tyrrhenian Sea. Then see old Roman walls, the iconic Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Villa Borghese, Via Veneto, Arch of Constantine, and more. At St. Peter's Square and enjoy approx. 45 minutes of free time to explore St. Peter’s Square and marvel at the view of St. Peter’s Basilica, the largest church in the world.
• Etruscan Countryside: Take a leisurely ride to Rome with views of green hills & the sea.
• Photo Opportunities: Capture the splendor of Rome-the Colosseum, the Forum, bustling Via Veneto, Circus Maximus and the Vatican walls from you motor-coach.
• St. Peter's Square: Enjoy approx.. 45 minutes of free time at St. Peter’s Square and marvel at the Renaissance architecture of St. Peter's Basilica.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Conservative attire required in churches
• Tour is designed for guests desiring a leisurely visit to Rome, and for wheelchair users and others with mobility challenges. Vehicles are adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available).
• Guests must be seated in a wheelchair or scooter when using ramp or lift. Use of a motorized scooter is not guaranteed. Guests are not permitted to stand on ramp to be lifted into vehicle.
• Guests must provide Height, Length, Width, and Weight of wheelchair or scooter when booking tour. Should not be possible to safely secure the scooters/ motorized wheelchair once on board the adapted vehicle, Guests will be denied joining the tour. Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Tour not available online. Must be secured onboard ship at Shore Excursions Desk. Participation limited. Vehicles are adapted with an access ramp (or lift where available).
• The drive to and from Rome is about 90 minutes each way, subject to traffic conditions. Guests will enjoy approximately 45 minutes free time at St. Peter’s Square. Guests should expect long lines to enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
• No exposed shoulders or knees in the churches. No tank tops or shorts in the churches. Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated check points. Should St. Peter's Basilica have a mass service, entrance may be restricted. St. Peter’s Basilica may close at any time for security reasons without previous.
• Due to the recent events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited. These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator.
• Tour sequence may vary and routes altered. Most shops are closed on Sundays and holidays and maintain seasonal hours.
• Due to new traffic regulations in Rome, big motor coaches have limited access around city center. Therefore, additional walk will be required for guests to access the main venues. Should the designed motor coach drop off / pick up point for St. Peter’s Basilica be congested or unavailable, an alternative drop off / pick up point location will be used. Please note that an additional walking portion of 0.6 miles from / to the alternative location should be considered.