Indulge in Rome’s incredible flavors on a dynamic walking and tasting tour of the city’s renowned markets and eateries before roaming St. Peter’s Square independently. Stroll through the heart of Rome while learning about its time-honored culinary traditions. Savor fried cod fish in a popular Jewish Ghetto delicatessen, pizza from the famous Campo de’ Fiori market and fried risotto balls in the Trastevere neighborhood. Enjoy 1.5 hours spent freely exploring expansive St. Peter’s Square.
• Guided Walking Tour: Learn about Rome’s time-honored culinary traditions while on a stroll through the city alongside an informative escort.
• Food Tasting: Savor fried cod fish in a Jewish delicatessen, pizza at Campo de’ Fiori market and fried risotto balls.
• St. Peter’s Square: Enjoy 1.5 hours spent exploring on your own, shopping for souvenirs, or visiting St. Peter’s Basilica (time permitting).
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• This tour is not offered for guests inter-porting in Rome.
• The drive between Civitavecchia and Rome is approximately 1 1/2 hours each way.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles over even, cobblestone and uneven surfaces and able to negotiate steps.
• This tour is not suggested for guests with walking difficulties or using a wheelchair.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able bodied companion.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.
• Conservative attire is required to visit any religious sites.
• No exposed shoulders or knees.
• No tank tops or shorts.
• Should a mass be taking place in St. Peter's Basilica, the entrance may be restricted.
• Depending upon the number of people in the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice. These safety precautions are beyond the control of the local tour operator.
• Guests may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras, and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints.
• On Sundays and public holidays, only souvenir shops will be open.
• Any guest who misses the return coach is responsible for securing alternate transportation to the ship at his/her own additional expense.
• Guests will join the same coach of the tour CVP7 "Passage to Rome", once in Rome you will proceed for this unique experience.
• Guests wishing to visit St. Basilica should be aware that a strict dress code is enforced, short pants, tank tops and revealing clothing are not acceptable.
• Guests who plan to visit St. Peter's Basilica should be aware that they may be required to check large bags, backpacks, video cameras and/or personal water bottles at designated checkpoints.
• In the event of Religious Ceremonies held in St. Peter’s Square, or crowds inside the Basilica, it may be closed for security reasons without previous notice.
• Please note that due to the Jubilee Year, special celebrations and events will take place at St. Peter’s Basilica: overcrowding and possible closures at any given time and with no previous notice should be expected.
• Due to the latest events, please note that more accurate security controls should be expected at the various sites visited.
• You might encounter considerable crowds, lines and delays at St. Peter's Basilica and other venues.
• Should the designed motor coach drop off / pick up point for St. Peters Basilica be congested or unavailable, an alternative drop off / pick up point location will be used. Please note that an additional walking portion of 0,6 miles from / to the alternative location should be considered.
• Please be aware that ongoing restoration/ maintenance work is often being carried out at the various venues visited
• The order of the tour may be reversed or altered depending on traffic or local conditions but all listed sites will be covered.