Experience Italy's natural beauty while on a boat cruise across tranquil Lake Bracciano before enjoying free time to wander around Trevignano Romano's medieval town, plus sip local wine among the picturesque Etruscan countryside. Relax in a motor coach that transports you out of Rome's bustle and into the peaceful hillsides skirting Lake Bracciano. Feel the wind through your hair as you cast away on a motorboat that glides across the placid blue waters of the region's second-largest lake. Hear tales of ancient civilizations back in 500 B.C. and the volcanic origin of the lake as seabirds soar around this protected natural park. Your cruising course brings you to the charming town of Trevignano Romano, where you'll have a half-hour to walk along the tree-line promenade, admire Santa Maria Assunta church's 16th-century frescoes, peruse artisan shops or dine al fresco in a waterside café. The discovery continues in a local winery where you'll not only trace the history and traditional methods of Etruscan wine-making, but also sample a selection of fine wines served with ham bruschetta and Italian olive oil. Soak in the authentic flavors before making your way back to the pier in Civitavecchia.
• Lake Bracciano: Delight in a boat trip across calm waters once used as a drinking water source for the Romans; this is the only motor-boat allowed to sail here on this unique scenario.
• Trevignano Romano: Meander the old medieval center of this small lakefront town, discovering its church, shops and cafes.
• Etruscan wine: Indulge in delectable Italian flavors in an inviting winery tasting room, complete with regional varietals and local snacks.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Boat ride subject to weather conditions. In case of adverse weather, the ride to Trevignano will be by coach.
• The drive between pier and Bracciano is approximately 75 minutes.
• The drive between winery and pier is approximately 45 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.