The glitz, the glamor, an international cinema legacy — Cannes has it all, and on a three-hour, fully guided walking tour you’ll experience Le Suquet’s old town scenes, Palais des Festivals’ red carpet moments and The Carlton Hotel’s five-star movie history. Head out on foot along the cobbled pathways of Le Suquet, the old quarter of this French Riviera celebrity playground. At the top of the hill you’ll stand amid castle ruins to relish panoramic views of the Bay of Cannes and the Lerins Islands, where the 1998 film Man In the Iron Mask was shot. Stroll by expansive Provencal Market, where local vendors sell clothes, linens, ceramics, jewelry and leather goods, and then stop in a sidewalk café to enjoy a complimentary drink. Stand before Palais des Festivals red-carpeted stairway, where the world’s most talented and famous movie stars convene each year for the Cannes Film Festival, the largest cinema festival on the planet. Make your way past couture boutiques and grand palaces while walking down La Croisette boulevard to reach the Carlton Hotel. Take in the refined elegance of this luxury resort, also a filming location for Alfred Hitchcock’s 1955 classic movie To Catch a Thief.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Le Suquet: Join a walking tour through Canne’s old quarter to discover markets, cafes and spectacular views of the bay.
• Palais des Festivals: Since 1982, the world’s most famous movie stars have flocked here for the annual Cannes Film Festival.
• The Carlton Hotel: See the setting for the 1955 film To Catch a Thief, starring Grace Kelly and Cary Grant.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 2 miles over uneven cobblestone surfaces, with steep inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Tour sequence may vary.