Explore the amazing underwater world around Buck Island, a unique U.S. national monument off the northeast coast of St. Croix. Cross the island from Frederiksted to the historic town of Christiansted for the scenic powerboat ride along the north shore and out to Buck Island beach for snorkeling lessons. Next sail to Buck island reef, whose monument status encompasses a total of 40,000 acres of land, sea and coral reefs. Discover the varieties of marine life along an underwater trail and snorkeling on your own approximately 1 hour.
• Buck Island Reef Snorkeling: Enjoy about 30 minutes snorkeling lessons at Buck Island beach and 1 hour of guided exploration and free time paddling around in the pristine waters.
• Marine Transfer: Relax on the 40-minute powerboat ride to Buck Island, with rum punch served on the return.
• Island Drive: Enjoy St. Croix's landscapes on the scenic 45-minute ride from Frederiksted to Christiansted on the north shore.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• UV protective clothing (rash guard) or biodegradable sun protection only
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel from ship
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, pre-existing neck, back, knee or shoulder injuries, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Sodas and water included. Rum punch served on the return marine transfer.
• All snorkeling gear, flotation devices and lessons are included.
• A signed letter of authorization from a medical doctor to dive will be needed if any part of the waiver form is completed with a yes.
• The USVI’s forbids the use of chemical sun protection if entering the water. Only UV protective clothing (rash guard) or biodegradable sun protection are permitted in an effort to protect our oceans.