Your half-day tour begins with a drive to the beautiful St. George Village Botanical Gardens. Afterward, learn about the legendary Captain Morgan and the history of rum. Set in and around the restored buildings and ruins of a 19th-century sugarcane plantation, see the botanical gardens’ collections of 1,500-plus native and exotic species and varieties. Later, enter the world of the notorious pirate Sir Henry Morgan at the Captain Morgan Visitor Center.
• So much flora: See bromeliads, cactus and succulents, orchids, and ornamental ferns. Also tour heritage gardens and a native arboretum.
• Tour gardens set on the site of a former plantation: Part of the gardens are on a 2,000-year-old Amerindian settlement.
• Captain Morgan Visitor Center: Learn how rum is made and learn about colorful life of the infamous Sir Henry Morgan.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be of legal drinking age to drink alcohol. Identification may be required.