Enjoy a full day exploration of the ancient Mayan city of Tulum on an excursion that also includes a scenic ferry ride and shopping along Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue. Your adventure begins on a ferry, as you admire the Riviera Maya’s coastal scenery en route to the mainland. After a stop to a local handcraft store to enjoy a blown glass demostration, you´ll hop in a motor coach bound for Tulum. Perched high atop cliffs above the Caribbean Sea, this Pre-Columbian walled city stands as one of the last settlements built and inhabited by the Mayan Civilization. Spend your time combing ancient temples adorned with stucco paintings, shrines, and an astrological observatory. The most prominent building, El Castillo offers panoramic views of the sea below. You’ll then return to Playa del Carmen to enjoy some free time in Paseo del Carmen. Shop for hand-painted ceramics, leather goods, and other authentic souvenirs, on your own before the ferry shuttles you back to your ship.
• Riviera Maya: Enjoy coastal scenery on a relaxing ferry ride before enjoying a blown glass demonstration at a local handcraft store.
• Ancient Tulum: Explore temples, view stucco paintings, and admire the distinctive Mayan architecture at one of the best-preserved coastal Maya sites.
• Playa del Carmen: Shop for hand-painted ceramics, leather goods, and other authentic souvenirs.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1,265 yards over uneven and cobblestone surfaces, and up about 29 steps. Guests must be able to walk approximately 10 minutes from parking lot to entrance of ruins and back. Guests in wheelchairs and those with limited mobility should not select this tour. Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour. Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Tram available to and from ruins for guests who prefer not to walk. Tram is not part of tour package and may be taken at guests’ own expense and risk. Cost is approximately $1.50 USD round-trip and can be paid at tram booth.
• Private tours are available. Price will vary according to the number of guests and the transportation used.
• Guests will need to travel round-trip on the ferry with the regular mainland excursions. Ferry ride to and from Playa del Carmen is approximately 45 minutes each way. Bus ride to site is approximately one hour each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• Alcohol may be available, please drink responsibly.