Embrace the festive spirit of Christmas in Mexico with a four-hour celebration that includes a traditional posada procession around town, plus a feast of local Yucatecan snacks typically eaten during the holiday season. The experience begins in El Cedral, home to the oldest settlement on Cozumel Island, dating to 800 A.D. where you will visit the island's first church and a small Mayan ruin nearby before setting out on foot as part of a Christmas-inspired parade that reenacts the day Jesus was born. The tradition dates back some 400 years, and today you'll take part as you sing along to holiday carols and take a swing at a candy-filled pinata. Then indulge in a Christmas feast of Yucatecan favorites — sweet bread, tamales, fried codzito rolls, and pumpkin seed salsa will tantalize your taste buds. You'll always remember the holiday festivities with a souvenir pinata to take home.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• El Cedral: Trace the centuries-old history of Cozumel's earliest Mayan village.
• Posada: Join in a traditional Christmas street procession that involves singing holiday carols and whacking a candy-filled pinata.
• Christmas feast: Mexico's holiday flavors come to life with sweet bread, fried codzitos, pumpkin seed salsa and Yucatecan tamales.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 6 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.