Discover the natural beauty and outdoor adventure awaiting in Punta Sur Eco Park, as you spend three hours encountering crocodiles, exploring historic Celarain Lighthouse, lounging beachside and snorkeling Arrecifes del Cozumel National Park. Welcome to the natural paradise of Punta Sur Eco Park, a state reserve teeming with diverse wildlife and plant life among its expansive lagoon system. Stand atop an observation tower overlooking crocodiles lurking around the marsh and then take off-road paths through the jungle to see ruins dating back to the ancient Mayan days. Learn about the native people, pirates and privateers that sailed around the Mexican Caribbean while perusing the small Navigation Museum housed in the old lighthouse keeper's home. You can even climb to the top of Celarain Lighthouse and relish sweeping views of the island landscape. Along the shore you'll have free time to unwind on a bright-white beach edged by shallow, crystalline waters. Or opt for more adventure on a guided snorkel trip offshore at the Arrecifes de Cozumel, a protected coral reef system filled with tropical marine life. All snorkel gear is included — and all the outdoor fun you can imagine is wrapped up into this one day in Cozumel.
• Eco Park: Go off-roading through a nature reserve to see ancient Mayan artifacts and wild crocodiles swimming in the lagoon.
• Navigation Museum: Learn about Cozumel's historic lighthouses before stepping your way up a staircase to the top of Celarain Lighthouse.
• Arrecifes de Cozumel: You can choose to take a thrilling snorkeling trip around this offshore reef or simply relax beachside.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• UV protective clothing (rash guard) or biodegradable sun protection only
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• The drive between pier and park is approximately 50 minutes each way.
• Guests must be at least 8 years old to snorkel.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• The National Marine Park of Cozumel forbids the use of chemical sun protection if entering the water. Only UV protective clothing (rash guard) or biodegradable sun protection are permitted in an effort to protect our oceans.