This four-hour combination tour lets you explore Dubai's contemporary history at the Etihad Museum before heading to the 48th-floor observatory atop the Dubai Frame, where the city's old and new aspects come to life. Enter the Etihad Museum to browse a collection of interactive pavilions that detail the socioeconomic impact of the UAE's unification in 1971. Then take a high-speed elevator to the 48th floor of the Dubai Frame, known as the "biggest picture frame on the planet". Stand at the sky deck, taking in 360-degree panoramas of the city and using virtual reality screens to identify notable landmarks. See Old Dubai to the north and New Dubai to the south, then feel the rush of standing on the transparent glass walkway, situated high above the street. On the mezzanine level you can feel the special audio and visual effects of time traveling through a simulated tunnel that leads you to see what the city might look like 50 years in the future. This tour offers a full-circle portrait of the exciting city of Dubai.
• Etihad Museum: Photos, films and interactive exhibits highlight local life before the UAE's constitution was signed in 1971.
• Dubai Frame: Standing tall among Dubai's skyscrapers, this architectural masterpiece represents the city's poignant dichotomy of old and new.
• Sky deck: Admire panoramic skyline views from the 48th floor, with virtual screens, a see-through glass walkway, and futuristic enhancements.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Light sweater or pullover
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .9 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and about 20 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.