Relive scenes from a popular medieval fantasy epic while on a narrated walking tour that leads you past the actual locations in Dubrovnik where the television series was filmed, including Pile Gate and Lovrijenac fortress. Start your exploration at Pile Gate, where you'll watch ships sail into the harbor and hear tales of what life was like in the city during the Middle Ages. Then saunter over to Lovrijenac, a mighty waterfront fortress, known as ‘Dubrovnik's Gibraltar', standing 37 meters above sea level with a 12-meter-thick stone wall surround. Your walking tour then heads into the heart of Old Town, where you'll find the Jesuit Staircase where scenes were filmed and St. Dominic Street, which also served as a filming venue for the show. Stand outside of the Ethnographic Museum, which now houses cultural exhibits, and admire Rector's Palace, residence of kings, both in real-life history and on screen. You'll also have 30 minutes free time to wander as you wish, strolling the main Stradun strip, or shopping for souvenirs. Those wishing to stay longer may take the shuttle back to the ship complimentary (with tour sticker). Head home with your own unforgettable story from a spectacular day in Dubrovnik.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Pile Gate: Take a guided walking tour of several filming locations used to create a popular, medieval-inspired television show.
• Lovrijenac: This clifftop fortress, with its 12-meter-thick walls, served as the setting for dramatic scenes in the show.
• Old Town: Walk the streets of Dubrovnik, evoking the spirit of notable characters who lived here during the Middle Ages.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 205 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Coaches may need to park some distance from sites, requiring additional walking.
• Shops in Old Town are typically open between 08:00-20:00 hours.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary.