Delve into the spiritual side of Charlottetown on a 3.5-hour guided stroll around town that leads you to four churches teeming with historic architecture, art and ghost stories, plus enjoy refreshments at the Rodd Charlottetown Hotel. Head out on foot alongside an informative local guide on a path around Charlottetown’s church-steepled cityscape. Admire the brick Gothic Revival stylings of Trinity United Church, the oldest church still in use in the area. Then behold the sky-high spires of St. Dunstan’s Basilica, a High Victorian gem on historic Great George Street. Stop in the grand marbled lobby of Rodd Charlottetown Hotel for a bit of old world charm and a bite of homemade pastries paired with coffee and tea. Then check out St. James Presbyterian, hearing haunting tales of its 1898 fire, stained glass and phantom bell ringer. Finally, step inside All Souls’ Chapel at St. Peter’s Cathedral to marvel at a most impressive collection of religious paintings by Canadian artist Robert Harris. Your divine exploration ends with a scenic walk back to the pier.
• Charlottetown: Enjoy the architecture of Trinity United Church, St. Dunstan’s Basilica’s tall spires, and snacks at Rodd Charlottetown Hotel.
• St. James: Between stained glass and Gothic Revival stylings lies a story of a ghost who rang the church bell.
• All Souls’ Chapel: Enter St. Peter’s Cathedral to view remarkable religious wall paintings created by a local Canadian talent.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
Guests must be able to walk or use wheelchair/scooter approximately 2.2 miles over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 30 steps and extended periods of standing.•
Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.•
Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.•
Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.•
Tour venues are wheelchair accessible.•
Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.•
Tour sequence may vary.