Explore Italy's most famous and fascinating archaeological site, the once-thriving Roman city destroyed by Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Pompeii was completely buried in ash and pumice and hidden for centuries. Excavations have uncovered paved streets, temples, public buildings, baths, villas decorated with frescoes and mosaics, artifacts and more. Its remarkably preserved state, with moving depictions of those killed in the catastrophe, offers a vivid picture of society and daily life 2,000 years ago.
• Ancient Pompeii: Stroll along paved streets and see remnants of public buildings and private homes, including luxurious villas.
• Moving Depictions: Tragic plasterworks show residents of Pompeii at the moment of the devastation.
• Scenic Transfer: Enjoy views of the countryside on your way to Pompeii, including towering Mount Vesuvius, which remains active.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• In Pompeii, guests will be dropped off and picked up at the coach parking area, which is approx. 10-15 minutes walk to the entrance of Pompeii. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pompeii is not wheelchair accessible and cannot be viewed from the entrance.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground.
• There is a steep incline at entrance, with 20 to 25 steps.
• Time permitting; guests will visit a cameo factory either before or after the visit to the excavations.
• In addition to English this tour is offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish
• A minimum of 20 guests is needed for the tour to run in a different language. For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of excavations.