Discover culture and history in the charming cliff-side town Sorrento and in the famous archaeological site, Pompeii. In lemon-scented Sorrento, visit a farmhouse to learn about making olive oil and mozzarella, and try a taste of these local specialties. Take some time to stroll and shop in the town's romantic, flower-filled old quarter. Then explore fascinating, well-preserved Pompeii, the once-flourishing Roman city destroyed by Mount Vesuvius nearly 2,000 years ago. This experience will become unique with the addition of the 3D devices which will show you how the city looked before the eruption.
• Italian Farmhouse: Learn how olive oil and mozzarella are made; taste these and other specialties amid lemon and olive trees.
• Lovely Sorrento: Wander charming streets, shop for local treasures or try limoncello, a lemon liqueur during 1-1/2 hour's free time.
• Ancient Pompeii: Explore the temples, marketplaces and lavish villas of this once-thriving Roman city, destroyed by a powerful volcanic eruption.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cards
• Sun protection
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• In Pompeii, guests will be dropped off and picked up at the coach parking area, which is approx. 10-15 minutes walk to the entrance of Pompeii. Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour - particularly tours categorized as "strenuous". Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them. Pompeii is not wheelchair accessible.
• Guests must walk a narrow, uneven street with several steps at the entrance to reach the farmhouse.
• Walking during free time in Sorrento is at guest's discretion.
• Lunch is at the guest's own expense.
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1-1/2 miles over cobblestones and uneven ground with steep inclines.
• There is a steep incline at the entrance of Pompeii, with 20 to 25 steps.
• The drive between Naples and Sorrento is approximately 1-1/2 hours. The drive between Pompeii and Naples is approximately 30 minutes.
• For security reasons, it is forbidden to enter the Pompeii excavations with big bags, backpacks, or trolleys. Please be aware that lockers are not available at the entrance of the excavations.
• Time permitting; guests will visit a cameo factory either before or after the visit to the excavations.
• Tour sequence may vary. Minimum number of guest is 20. Maximum number of guests is 25.