Explore one of France’s most recognizable landmarks on a guided tour of the Mont Saint Michel abbey, plus enjoy plenty of time to roam at your leisure — all with the convenience of roundtrip transportation to and from port. After a scenic drive through the French countryside you’ll be dropped off at one of Europe’s greatest religious buildings, an 11th-century Norman Benedictine monastery at the summit of a huge rock 250 feet above the sea. While exploring this UNESCO World Heritage Site you can admire Romanesque architecture, see the church’s soaring spires, and learn about the troubled past of the abbey, which served as a prison during the French Revolution. With more than two hours of free time, you can meander through cobblestone pathways amidst the medieval walled town, browse enthralling museum exhibits, shop for souvenirs, or savor an authentic French meal in a local brasserie. Soak in one of France’s most spectacular remnants of history before returning to port via air-conditioned motor coach.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Mont Saint Michel: Behold one of France’s most recognizable landmarks, a hilltop Norman Benedictine abbey with Romanesque spires and architecture.
• Independent Exploration: Enjoy more than two hours freely browsing museum exhibits, wandering the medieval town, or savoring delectable French cuisine.
• Roundtrip Transportation: Soak up the history of one of Europe’s greatest religious buildings with the convenience of motor coach transfers.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 yards over cobblestone and climb 200 steps.
• There is no wheelchair accessibility at the abbey nor the village.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests should bring their passport.