Embrace a rare opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture by experiencing Fiji's traditional way of life in Nawaka Village. Warriors greet visitors while local women sign a Vanua chant reserved for special guests and children adorn newcomers with floral leis. Step inside village hall for a Kava welcoming ceremony, enjoy a guided tour and learn the "Ta Ra La La" dance. Perhaps even meet the Chief before heading to Nadi to shop local handicrafts.
• The people of Nawaka: Meet the indigenous village's warriors, women and children, and maybe even the chief.
• Indigenous traditions: Experience a Vanua chant, a Kava ceremony and learn the "Ta Ra La La" dance.
• Nadi shopping: Take home locally-made souvenirs after browsing a variety of stalls selling authentic handicrafts.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency/credit card
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• No tours on Sundays, Good Fridays and if there's a death in village.
• No exposed shoulders or knees; hats to be removed before entering village.
• Please ask permission before taking photos of locals.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• Kava is a natural, non-alcoholic beverage with mild sedative/anesthetic effect; possible adverse reactions include upset stomach; Kava preparation does not meet the standard of health and safety; guests consume at own risk