Before heading to Miami International Airport (MIA), be sure to explore Flamingo Gardens, one of the best botanic gardens and wildlife sanctuaries in the region—60 breathtaking acres of tropical paradise located on an historic estate. Relax and enjoy a tram ride through some of the last natural jungle growth in South Florida, a showcase of more than 3,000 species of rare and exotic, tropical, subtropical, and native plants, including the state's largest tree.
Then tour the Everglades Wildlife Sanctuary, a refuge for permanently injured and non-releasable birds and animals and home to 83 native species of birds and animals: alligators, bobcats, panthers, otters, eagles, peacocks and, of course, flamingos. Marvel at the exotic birds in the open-air aviary, one of the largest in the country. You may even see adorable baby otters, members of one of the most successful otter breeding programs in the world.
Don't miss visiting the Wray Home Museum, the beautifully restored original residence of Floyd and Jane Wray, who helped establish Flamingo Gardens, then known as Flamingo Groves, in the late 1920s. Through period architecture, décor and furniture, you'll catch a glimpse of what life was like back then in a typical South Florida country home.
This tour is provided by an operator that has been third-party certified to meet the Global Sustainable Tourism Council's Criteria for Tour Operators.
• Half-Day Tour: Before heading to the airport, discover Flamingo Gardens, 60 acres of tropical paradise located on an historic estate.
• Native Florida Flora and Fauna: Explore 3,000-plus species of plants and 83 native species of birds and animals.
• Wray Home Museum: See what life was like back a typical 1930s South Florida country home. Admission fees (included) are used to support the wildlife rehabilitation program.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Casual attire
• Comfortable shoes
• Jacket for cool weather
• Tour includes transfer to Miami International Airport (MIA).
• Flamingo Gardens is wheelchair accessible.
• This tour is for guests with domestic flights after 4:00pm or international flights after 5:00pm from Miami International Airport.
• This tour is available for consecutive cruisers or guests sailing on the next cruise. Guests will be returned to the ship.