Step back in time to the days of the early pioneers on a fascinating tour of historic Oakabella Homestead, established as a working farm in 1860. On this half-day adventure for the whole family, explore the beautifully restored 13-room main house, cookhouse, stables and blacksmith shop. The unique, two-buttressed barn serves as a museum, where you can get an up-close look at an intriguing collection of heritage artifacts and farm machinery, items early settlers of Western Australia used in their day-to-day life. Outside, the landscape is equally amazing, with stunning views of Elephant Hill and Table Hill as well as an ancient gorge and a seasonal waterfall.
Then, it?s on to Burnt Barrel for some mouthwatering, ?low and slow? smoked barbecue. Enjoy a tasting plate of meats smoked to perfection, some for up to 16 hours. Plus enjoy samples of beer and cider crafted at their onsite microbrewery.
• Oakabella Homestead: Explore what life was like for the early settlers of Western Australia; visit the beautifully restored main house, cookhouse, stables, blacksmith shop and more.
• Stunning views: Take in the amazing landscape, including an ancient gorge and seasonal waterfall as well as Elephant Hill and Table Hill.
• Mouthwatering barbecue: Head to Burnt Barrel to tuck into a tasting platter filled with delicious smoked meats; also sample beer and cider crafted at their onsite microbrewery.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light clothing
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age (18 years) to consume alcohol.
• Guests must be able to manage the stairs on the coach unassisted to participate in this tour.