Learn about the rich history and natural beauty of coastal Western Australia on a narrated journey to stunning Kalbarri National Park. Pass through Northampton, a historic mining town the Nokanena Brook valley, plus see the ruins of Lynton Station, a 19th-century convict settlement, along the way. Also view the extraordinary ?Pink Lake,? created by the largest beta carotene producer in the southern hemisphere, as well as meander through the picturesque town of Kalbarri.
At Kalbarri National Park, become enthralled by the panoramic view of the Murchison River as you stand at the Hawks Head lookout. Rugged red rock collides with the tranquil water below and graceful river gums provide a lush contrast to the harsh terrain?keep your camera ready for some phenomenal photos. Throughout winter and spring the Kalbarri National Park and surrounding areas burst into a magnificent carpet of color. Almost 800 species of native wildflowers bloom, putting on a fantastic, vibrant. Enjoy a delicious morning tea while taking in the beautiful, natural scenery.
After, marvel at the splendor of the endless cliffs stretching south from Natural Bridge lookout ? a truly dramatic coastline formed by the continual pounding of the ocean against the cliffs. Feel the exhilaration of the wind and the waves as you stand suspended over the ocean from the safety of the lookout at Castle Cove. From June to November you can often witness the migration of majestic humpback whales and their calves as they swim and leap only meters from the cliffs. Then savor a gourmet, picnic-style lunch overlooking the spectacular cliffs.
• Explore Hawkes Head and Costal Gorges: Behold panoramic views of the Murchison River Gorge; marvel at the splendor of endless coastal cliffs.
• Morning tea and picnic lunch: Enjoy a delicious morning tea and a picnic-style lunch with magnificent views of nature?s splendor.
• Expert guides: Along your journey, your guides share what they know about the rugged beauty and unique geology of Kalbarri National Park.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be prepared for a fair amount of walking over flat and uneven surfaces with about 40 steps.
• Guests cruising on the Radiance will have a shorter tour time due to ship arrival & departure time in Geraldton. Tour will be 6 hours.