Discover the breathtaking natural beauty of the Abrolhos Islands from above on an exhilarating flightseeing tour, landing on East Wallabi Island for morning or afternoon tea. The chain of 122 islands is about 37 miles (60 km) west of Geraldton on the Western Australian coast. The Abrolhos Islands are clustered into three main groups ? Wallabi, Easter and Pelseart ? and extend 62 miles (100 km) from north to south.
Fly for about 90 minutes, enjoying a birds-eye view of Geraldton before venturing over to the islands. In the air, these beautiful land formations resemble works of art, framed by the deep blue and turquoise-hued sea. Learn about the history of the islands, hear about the diverse range of sea life in its waters and see the Islands? small rock lobster fishing communities. Your pilot will point out pearl farms, the historic church on Basile Island, brightly colored fisherman camps, marine life and some of the shipwrecks within the area. Plus you?ll see the remnants of the Wiebbe Hayes Stone Fort. Built in 1629 by the survivors of the Batavia shipwreck and massacre, this simple fortress is the oldest European structure in Australia.
During your journey, you?ll land East Wallabi Island, giving you a bit of time to enjoy a morning or afternoon tea as well take in the stunning scenery surrounding you.
• Abrolhos Islands flightseeing: Enjoy an extended tour flying over three main groups of stunning islands: Wallabi, Easter and Pelseart.
• So much to see: View pearl farms, brightly colored fisherman camps, marine life and shipwrecks; also see the 17th-century Wiebbe Hayes Stone Fort, the oldest European structure in Australia.
• Morning or afternoon tea: Land on East Wallabi Island for tea while taking in the amazing scenery surrounding you.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable clothing