Prepare yourself for a 6-hour, action-packed adventure in Jamaica that not only will have you interacting in the water with friendly bottlenose dolphins, but also climbing to the tippy-top of Dunn’s River Falls. Enjoy island scenery while traveling in an air-conditioned bus to Dolphin Cove. This tropical eden is known for its dense jungle surroundings and white sand shoreline, plus native animals galore. Here is where you’ll meet a team of expert dolphin trainers who invite you into a shallow-water habitat for fun, hands-on interaction. Learn all about the behaviors and eating habits of these intelligent creatures. While in the water standing in a submerged platform with them you’ll have the chance to kiss, dance and swim belly-to-belly with dolphins. Then you’ll head to the world-famous Dunn’s River Falls to trek up its natural stone staircase. Feel the rush of cool waters as you climb to 600 feet upwards across the cascades, and enjoy refreshing swims in a collection of natural pools along the way. After a short bit of souvenir shopping you’ll head back to port invigorated from discovering Jamaica’s natural wonders.
• Dolphin Cove: Enter a seaside oasis decked out in white sands, palm trees and jungle trails laced with wildlife.
• Belly to belly: Get up-close with a pod of bottlenose dolphins during a 45-minute interactive swim in shallow sea waters.
• Dunn’s River Falls: Climb from the Caribbean Sea up 600 feet to the top of a natural stone waterfall staircase.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect Repellent
• Towel (from ship)
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .2 miles over paved surfaces, with inclines and about 40 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current. Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests should expect high risk of slips and falls while climbing water-covered rocks in the falls.
• Due to time constraints, guests may not be able to climb to the falls’ top and instead may do a partial climb.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.
• Children under age 12 must be accompanied in the water by a parent/guardian booked on the same tour.
• Guests must be able to fit into an XXL life jacket as this is the largest size available.
• Cameras not allowed in the water with dolphins.
• Guests can expect waiting and queuing time at the falls.
• Guests are required to wear water shoes while climbing the falls and hold hands with others in the group.
• Aqua shoes available for purchase onboard ship and at the falls.
• Dolphin Cove admission ticket available for purchase onboard.
• Lockers and changing facilities available at the falls.
• The drive between port and Ocho Rios is approximately 1 hour each way.
• Tour sequence may vary.