Located on the beautiful property of Rois Lagoon Falmouth, Trelawny – 10 minutes from the Falmouth Pier, the Appleton Estate Rum Seminar & Experience provides visitors with a sneak peak of the actual Appleton Estate Rum Tour from the oldest distillery in continuous production in Jamaica, since 1749. This is a satellite facility, not the actual distillery. Visitors are presented with an overview of the history of rum, and an assimilation of how one of the finest premium rums in the world is produced through impactful storyboard visuals. Visitors will experience an Appleton Estate Rum presentation and tasting.
Visitors are welcomed, provided with a Signature cocktail and an overview of the history, ingredients, process and people of the Appleton Estate. The guests are ushered to the main storyboard where the overall process is presented by our experienced Tour Guides in detail; then taken into the gardens for additional information on the historical mode of transporting cane, the 16th century process of extracting cane juice, and converting same to rum. A barrel display showcases how rum is aged and visitors will be able to nose the aromas emanating from the barrels.
The guides usher guests into the Seminar Pavilion (overlooking the Lagoon) for a detailed presentation of the Appleton Estate Rums (Signature Blend, Reserve Blend and Rare Blend 12-year-old). Sangster's rum cream is also introduced and sampled. After the seminar, guests are given the opportunity to sign their names on the Signature Board, have drinks by the Barrel Bar or go shopping at the Rois Lagoon Gift Shop.
The guests are given a keepsake from Appleton Estate Rum Seminar & Experience as a 'thank you' for sharing the experience with the team. After the tour guests are given a lunch treat at the fabulous Blue Waters Beach Club located 10 minutes away.Highlights:
• Appleton Estate Rum is ranked the best tasting rum in the world by the experts.
• Nose, taste and enjoy cocktails at Trelawny's most Historical and scenic location, try 3 of the world's most premium rums overlooking the waters of Falmouth.What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/Credit cardsWhat to Wear:
• Comfortable shoes
• Swimwear (for the beach break)Important Notes:
• This is not located at Appleton Estates, but at their satellite facility close to the pier.
• Guests must be at least 18 years of age to participate in the tasting of the different rums.