Enjoy a mini-holiday where Swedes themselves go on holiday: the “Sunshine Coast” island of Marstrand. This popular resort town is a sailing mecca, and you’ll have free time to explore its picturesque harbor, filled with boats of all colors. From the west, mighty Carlsten Fortress stands guard, as it has for 300 years. See the 13th-century granite fortress of Bohus on the scenic return route, with a brief narrated drive of the city’s top landmarks.
• Mastrand Island: Stroll the colorful harbor of this Sunshine Coast sailing resort, a favorite Swedish holiday destination.
• Carlsten Fortress: Admire the star-shaped stone fortress and its round tower, still guarding Mastrand after three centuries.
• Guided Drives: Enjoy scenic countryside views and a brief tour of the landmarks surrounding Gothenburg’s two main squares.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses