Discover the heart of Sweden’s second-largest city on a guided driving tour that includes a visit to one of the region’s most notable churches. You’ll see the cafes and boutiques of Avenyn, Gothenburg’s grand main boulevard, and pass the cultural and civic landmarks of Gotaplatsen and Gustav Adolf’s squares. At Masthugg Church, perched on a high hill under a 200-ft. steeple, you’ll enjoy outstanding city views outside and striking religious paintings, sculptures and ornamentation inside.
• Masthugg Church: See beautifully rendered religious art and an original 1914 pipe organ at this old-style Swedish chapel.
• Guided Drive: Enjoy views of Gothenburg’s grand boulevards, lively squares and neoclassical Nordic architecture.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Guests must be able to walk approximately one-third of a mile on flat concrete and cobblestone surfaces.
• An inside visit of Masthugg Church will not be possible if services, a funeral or other event is taking place.