Explore Sweden’s second-largest city on a narrated motorcoach drive and by boat. See Gotaplatsen Square’s seven-ft. bronze statue of Poseidon, once considered too daring for Gothenburg’s women. Admire the Neo-Classical Nordic architecture of the Concert Hall, Art Museum and City Theater, the beautiful altar and richly decorated interiors of hilltop Masthugg Church. Enjoy a completely different perspective as you cruise canals and defensive moats dating back to the city’s 17th-century founding.
• Driving Tour: Enjoy views of Gothenburg’s grand boulevards, lively squares and neoclassical Nordic architecture.
• Canal Tour: See the 17th-century defensive moat and the canals leading to the shipyards and museums of Gothenburg’s harbor.
• Masthugg Church: Admire the rich colors of the altar, beautifully rendered paintings, wooden sculptures and a 100-year-old pipe organ.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Walking shoes (non-slip soles recommended)
• Guests must be able to walk about one-third of a mile on flat, concrete and cobblestone surfaces.
• When the canal boat passes under low bridges, guests will need to sit on the floor of the boat and keep their heads down.
• An inside visit of Masthugg Church will not be possible if services, a funeral or other event is taking place.