Discover the history of Gibraltar as you tour the iconic sites of this British colony. Take a cable car to the summit of Gibraltar Rock and visit the Top Station, once the site of a World War II gun emplacement. Continue to the sanctuary of Gibraltar's oldest inhabitants, the Barbary apes. Afterward, visit Princess Caroline's Artillery Battery and the entrance to the Upper Galleries (Great Siege Tunnels), then discover Moorish artifacts at the Gibraltar Museum.
• Enjoy some time to browse the area?s souvenir shop or stroll around the former artillery battery site.
• Walk the hollowed tunnels in the Upper Galleries and learn how Gibraltar Rock remains an important British outpost.
• Watch an informative film depicting the evolution and importance of Gibraltar over the centuries.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Local currency/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Shoes with nonslip soles
• Hat and sunglasses
• Jacket or seater
• Excursion involves approximately 1.5 miles over even surfaces, with inclines and steps
• The tour will be conducted with a driver acting as your guide.
• Guests are advised not to touch or feed the Barbary Apes.
• This tour is conducted outside and in all weather conditions. Guests should take appropriate winter weather gear with them.
• Guests should be ready for slippery and wet conditions.