Explore the rich history of Gda?sk on a guided walking tour, including visits to the Prison Tower, Torture House, Golden Gate, and St. Mary's Basilica, followed by an exciting cruise to Westerplatte on an authentic Galleon ship.
• Set out on a guided walking tour to explore Gda?sk's, a historic port city on the Baltic coast of Poland and center for the world's amber trade.
• Uncover this ancient city's fortifications, including the Prison Tower and Torture House, where brutal executions were carried out until the middle of the 19th century.
• Discover the Golden Gate, a historic Renaissance city gate that's one of Gda?sk's most popular attractions, before the Main Town Hall, one of the city's prime examples of fine Gothic-Renaissance architecture, constructed in the late 14th century as the seat of city authorities.
• Stroll along the Long Market, a beautiful square comprised of shops, restaurants, and many historic houses.
• Explore the 16th-century Green Gate, a formal residence for Poland's monarchs brandishing Flemish architectural influences.
• Visit St. Mary's Basilica, a stunning place of worship rumored to be the world's largest brick church and boasting spectacular city views atop its 78-meter tower.
• Board a Galleon ship, first used as an armed cargo carrier during the 16th to 18th centuries, and sail through shipyards and Wis?ouj?cie Fortress, an ancient fortress that served as a lighthouse and an integral point of defense in Poland.
What to Bring:
• Credit cards
What to Wear:
• Weather-appropriate attire
• Non-slip shoes
• The order of the tour may vary.
• Motor coach ride between the ship to Gdansk is about 1.0 hour each way, subject to traffic.