See how plantation owners lived in 18th century on this tour of El Barretal Estate. Your narrated 75-minute drive takes you through southern lowlands to a central plateau guarded by several volcanos. Inside the home, you'll see heirloom antiques and enjoy stories of previous residents - and perhaps their ghosts. Outside, stroll through lovely gardens where rescued exotic birds and peacocks roam. Enjoy tastes of local foods and a complimentary beverage before departing.
• El Barretal Estate: Explore interior antique settings and the history of a sugar plantation structure built in 1710.
• Estate Gardens: Take a peaceful walk in lush, elegant gardens with views of three volcanoes - Fuego, Agua and Pacaya.
• Fuego, Agua and Pacaya: While Agua is currently dormant, both Pacaya and Fuego are considered active.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This is a half day tour.
• Bus ride to and from Estate is approximately 75 minutes each way.