Discover the rich history of Guatemala's colonial Antigua on this fascinating all-points tour. You'll visit La Azotea Cultural Center, dedicated to preservation of Mayan music, and its neighboring coffee museum. Stop for photos at two churches, visit San Francisco Church and Convent, then wander the haunting preserved ruins of Capuchinas convent. Dine at the splendid Casa Santo Domino Hotel before arriving at the largest and most popular jade factory in the country.
• Explore the instruments collection at Maya music museum Casa K'ojom, and see a brief documentary.
• San Francisco Church, a beautiful old church, and shrine to the Franciscan monk who became Central America's first saint.
• Learn about Guatemala's rich jade resources and shop for jade ornaments and jewelry in the gift shop.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
What to Wear:
• Walking shoes
• Hat and sunglasses
• Bus ride to/from Antigua is approximately 1.5 hours each way.
• Antigua is located approx. 5000 feet above sea level.
• This tour is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.