Delve into the distinct culture of Guatemala on a five-hour outing that lets you explore San Antonio Aguas Calientes' textile market, participate in a Mayan wedding ceremony, and sightsee around Antigua's UNESCO World Heritage Centre. A 90-minute drive through the coastal plain region brings you to the charming town of San Antonio Aguas Calientes. Take a guided walk around the central plaza past the bright-yellow church, babbling fountains and a marketplace where locals manufacture in backstrap loom, handwoven crafts to sell. See a wedding ceremony, complete with typical wedding attire and matrimonial traditions passed down generations You'll have the rare opportunity to learn more about Mayan culture as you join a local family in a special ceremony. Continue sharing in the love of Guatemala culture in the nearby city of Antigua, the colonial Spanish capital of Central America. Hear tales of the destructive 1773 earthquake while walking through Central Park and stand before the ruins of the Cathedral of Santiago. See where nuns secretly crossed the Arco de Santa Catalina and the palace where the Captains and Generals of Guatemala have resided — cookies or granola bars will be served as a snack on the drive back to port.
• Sacatepequez: Take a narrated tour of the quiet village plazas, sacred churches and handicraft-packed marketplaces of this unique region.
• San Antonio Aguas Calientes: Celebrate the time-honored traditions of the Mayan people during a local family's wedding ceremony.
• Antigua: Discover the colonial heritage, spiritual legacy, political palace and verdant parks of this UNESCO World Heritage Centre.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Light jacket or pullover
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 34 yards over cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 21 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Dollar (USD currency) is accepted in many venues. Credit cards are not accepted in many venues.
• The drive between pier and Antigua is approximately 90 minutes.
• Tour sequence may vary.