Finland’s “Daughter of the Baltic” shines on this panoramic bus tour highlighting towering Helsinki cathedrals, Parliament House, museums, an opera house and rock church. Senate Square features the Lutheran cathedral, while Mannerheim Street boasts museums and Parliament House. Photograph 1952-Olympics stadium, then Sibelius Park and its 600 welded-pipes monument, honoring composer, Jean Sibelius. Then it’s off to Temppeliaukio Rock Church. Before your return, explore the open-air market on your own.
• Mannerheim Street: Helsinki’s main street, home to historic government buildings, National Museum, Finlandia Hall and contemporary art museum, Kiasma.
• Sibelius Monument: Marvel at this amazing tribute honoring great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius, constructed using over 600 welded pipes.
• Temppeliaukio Rock Church: Experience the magnificence of this unique house of worship blasted into solid rock.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
What To Wear:
• Weather-appropriate clothing
• Comfortable shoes
• Tour involves walking about 900 yards over gravel surfaces with steps.
• Morning trip guests may remain in town afterwards and return to ship via shuttle.
• The Temppeliaukio Rock Church may be closed during religious functions. In such case the visit will be replaced with additional time at other sights visited, therefore the tour will not include a stop at Temppeliaukio Rock Church.
• Tour makes several photo stops; order of tour may vary.
• In addition to English, this tour is offered in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish and Spanish.
• A minimum of 20 guests are needed for the tour to run in a different language.
• A return shuttle is included in the cost of this excursion. This will allow you the option to explore the city and return to the ship at your leisure.