Experience what life was like during the 1941 Pearl Harbor attack, as you spend a 9.5-hour day exploring three battleship memorials, browsing the Aviation Museum, plus enjoy lunch and a narrated drive around downtown Honolulu. Feel the somber essence of Pearl Harbor while entering the historic naval base's Battleship Row. Stand at the USS Arizona Memorial, where 1,102 sailors died on a sinking ship that now rests on the harbor's seafloor. Take an audio tour of the USS Bowfin, hearing tales of this submarine's role in World War II. Then walk across the USS Missouri, site of the white-flag surrender of Japan at the end of the war. Inside the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum, you'll recount 75 years of Pacific aviation history while watching a 20-minute educational film and then view an assembly of seaplanes that survived the attack, along with modern military jets and historic helicopters. Enjoy a sandwich or salad served in Laniakea Café before returning by coach to Honolulu. (Guest choose from the menu but it is not a combo).Along the way you'll travel past Punchbowl Crater, site of the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, where US military veterans are buried. A quick glimpse of the city's downtown corridor also reveals its glistening skyscrapers, Victorian-era brick facades, and Hawaii's State Capitol.
• Pearl Harbor: Relive the 1941 surprise attack while exploring the USS Arizona Memorial, USS Bowfin submarine, and USS Missouri battleship.
• Aviation Museum: Hear harrowing stories of military pilots, see an impressive collection of aircraft, and enjoy lunch at Laniakea Café.
• Honolulu: Your return drive leads you past Punchbowl Crater's volcanic landscape and the downtown corridor of Hawaii's capital city.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Jacket or sweater
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Bags, backpacks, purses, handbags, fanny packs, camera bags, diaper bags, and luggage not permitted inside Pearl Harbor military base.
• Guests cannot leave personal items on the bus as the vehicle is searched prior to entering Battleship Missouri.
• Guests must only bring items that fit into pockets.
• Tour sequence may vary.