Embrace Mexico's local way of life on a four-hour trip that lets you explore the medicinal plant life of Piedra de Moros, an artisan blacksmith shop in Santa Maria Huatulco, and an historic mezcal factory. Experience the small-town essence of Piedra de Moros while walking leafy pathways lined with endemic plants known for their healing properties. Sip a lemongrass herbal drink, learn how the nopal cactus is used in regional dishes, and see the traditional way of making handmade tortillas. You'll then travel to the city center of Santa Maria Huatulco to admire its red-domed church, hearing tales of its legendary wooden cross. Around the corner you'll enter a blacksmith shop, open for over a century, where recycled materials are turned into creative masterpieces. Your final stop in a Mexican mezcal factory covers the antiquated methods and complex distillation process of this traditional Oaxacan spirit, sister to the more famous tequila. Head back to port with a deeper understanding of Mexico's cultural traditions and distinct flavors.
• Piedra de Moros: Walk through a garden brimming with medicinal plants, plus taste handmade tortillas, lemongrass juice, and nopal cactus.
• Santa Maria Huatulco: Discover the legends surrounding this town's church and watch artisans at work in a century-old blacksmith shop.
• Mezcal: Explore a rural distillery to explore the time-honored process of growing agave plants to produce this funky alcoholic spirit.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 21 yards over sandy and cobblestone surfaces, with inclines and about 24 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is not suitable for full-time wheelchair/motorized scooter users.
• Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Tour sequence may vary.